I'm Finally Starting to Feel Better!
Needless to say, I missed skating again on Sunday. Hopefully, I'll be able to go tomorrow, if only to have a light practice. I also finally managed to get back into candy-making; on Sunday, I started chopping my colored confectionary coating and putting it in my mold painters, and after a half-hour of that, I got so tired that I had to sit down. Last night, Bobby helped me finish filling the mold painters and then I finally got to try them out, making some milk chocolate hearts for my coworker's wife. I also made a batch of caramels and some creme center base. After two-and-a-half hours on my feet in the hot kitchen, hunching over candy molds, I was exhausted, but it felt good to manage something productive again.
Oh, and the hearts turned out beautifully! Expect pictures. ;)
Also, I got tagged for a meme! sinneahtes tagged me to tell of five ways that I might be bribed. Now I like to think myself above bribes. But if you wanted to bribe me, you might start here.
- A storefront in historic Ellicott City suitable for an ice cream restaurant, preferrably with an apartment over top where Bobby and I can live. Oh, and about five 15-quart ice cream makers. They're $15K a piece, so don't start shopping quite yet!
- An Elf. Yes, a real Elf. Don't tell me that they don't exist; we're talking about ways to bribe me here. As far as Tolkien Elves go, Finwians always work, but I also like Ecthelion, Glorfindel, Elladan, and Elrohir. Okay, the last two are half-Elves, but whatever. Also, one of my original Midhavens Elves/half-Elves would be nice.
- You could always offer to create the SWG archive for me. Not the site but the archive. I like creating webpages and am comfortable in XHTML and CSS but PHP scares the daylights out of me.
- Ensure that my sister's application to move to England to marry her girlfriend will be approved.
- A condo in Ocean City. Preferrably in The Pyramid just because The Pyramid has like the coolest design of any of the big hotels/condos in Ocean City. Oceanfront would be nice, if I'm being bribed. I will need a place to live once I start Nelyo's Ocean City store. Which brings me to part two of this particular bribe request: a Boardwalk storefront suitable for an ice cream restaurant and five 15-quart ice cream makers....
Now a meme ain't a meme without tagging, so who do I think I might want to bribe? Hmmm....
greenknight33, digdigil, ann_arien, ssotknapsack, and linwe_ancalime, because I want to know how to get in good with the inlaws and you haven't updated in a while. ;)
Per usual, any of you who want to yoink this meme and tell me five ways that I can bribe you, consider yourself tagged.
On a completely unrelated note, Bobby surprised me with a gift yesterday. (No, he was not trying to bribe me.) He managed to find online a bumpersticker that says, "I Brake for Elves." And it has little Elfy guys on it *squees and jumps around* Granted, I object to their curly shoes, but they do have cute ears.
Actually, thinking about it, perhaps he bought this for me to bribe me to wash my car. I've never washed my car in the two years I've had it, but it's silver, so the dirt doesn't show up too badly. Still, I will have to wash it before affixing my "I Brake for Elves" bumpersticker. Conspiracy theory, anyone?