Oh Why Not (Writing M-Thing)
Pick the number(s) of the questions you'd like me to answer about my writing. (Like Oshun, I love talking about writing. Most writers do, I think!)
I will try to likewise be good about striking off numbers as I answer them.
2) what work of yours, if any, are you the most embarrassed about existing?
3) what order do you write in? front of book to back? chronological? favourite scenes first? something else?
5) character you were most surprised to end up writing
6) something you would go back and change in your writing that it's too late/complicated to change now
7) when asked, are you embarrassed or enthusiastic to tell people that you write?
8) favourite genre to write
9) what, if anything, do you do for inspiration?
10) write in silence or with background noise? with people or alone?
12) your weaknesses as an author
13) your strengths as an author
15) why did you start writing?
16) are there any characters who haunt you?
17) if you could give your fledgling author self any advice, what would it be?
19) when it comes to more complicated narratives, how do you keep track of outlines, characters, development, timeline, etc.?
20) do you write in long sit-down sessions or in little spurts?
21) what do you think when you read over your older work?
23) any obscure life experiences that you feel have helped your writing?
24) have you ever become an expert on something you previously knew nothing about, in order to better a scene or a story?
25) copy/paste a few sentences or a short paragraph that you’re particularly proud of
This post was originally posted on Dreamwidth and, using my Felagundish Elf magic, crossposted to LiveJournal. You can comment here or there!