Factitious Disorder, Anyone?
Well, really, she tagged me once for Finrod. I said, "Well, I have two Finrods so they'll each do it." Then I told her that the meme was fun, so she tagged me again for Caranthir.
So here goes. For those of you who have not seen this meme yet, here are the rules:
Once you've been tagged, you have to write a blog entry with five complete lies about a muse of yours. That is, five things about the muse that are completely not true. Not even slightly. Then add something that is absolutely TRUE and the first person to guess which one is true wins. :) Then tag up to five people you want to turn into compulsive liars too.
I have two Finrod muses: one who writes my serious stories about Finrod (a whole one so far!) and one who flirts seriously with Tarion. So this one is the serious one who might in some ways resemble one of Tolkien's Elves versus Dawn the Giggling Fangurl.
- It was wanderlust and sheer curiosity that drove me to Middle-earth. The notion that I went because I wanted my own kingdom is incorrect.
- Even after the mistakes he made, I still love and respect my brother Orodreth, though he--if any of us--belonged staying with Atar in Valinor.
- It was an easy decision to choose re-embodiment. I've already faced--and experienced--death, and I fear it no more.
- In ruling my kingdom in Nargothrond, I often asked myself what my father would do and chose as I believed that he would.
- The first true grief that I experienced was the death of Barahir.
- I chose to become re-embodied because I felt that I'd let Amarie down in leaving her to go to Middle-earth and I wished to settle down, marry, and give her the family that she wanted.
Okay, now for the Finrod that won't leave Tarion--or any of my muses--alone. For the record, I don't think that Finrod would really be like this, but everyone needs a shamelessly pervy muse around to keep things fun, if nothing else.
- My favorite cousin was Maedhros because he was f*cking hot.
- I managed to avoid staring at Dawn's muse Meryth's ass all day, even when he bent over just a second ago to pick up a piece of candy off of the floor.
- I make out with Dawn's other muse Felak all of the time. He looks a lot like me and that's bloody sexy.
- Dawn puts me out on the balcony when I'm bad, but she doesn't realize that I like it because there's a woman in the building across the street who frequently exercises in tight clothes and no bra with the curtains open.
- I don't like slash. It's a travesty I tell you! You f*cking perverts!
- The title "Lord of Caves" referred to my stonecutting ability.
And, at last, Caranthir the Dark. I am using my Felakverse version of him where he is creepy and prone to osanwe and the Felakverse version of muted & mutilated Rumil.
- My dreams never come true.
- After Curufinwe and Nelyo, I was the third best of my brothers at forge work, but I was never very creative and used to mostly make simple things that were a waste of my father's time.
- When Nelyo was in Angband, I didn't have the courage to send my mind to him because I didn't want to know what was happening to him. I felt guilty for this when he came home, for he had been brave where I had not.
- Tyelkormo and I were best friends until we both discovered that we liked our cousin Irisse, and then we stopped seeing each other as friends but rather competitors. I regret it now, for she never gave either of us her love, and I lost my best friend.
- My wife's name is Taryinde and we have two daughters.
- I always feared Rumil for I could sense his torment about him and could not see past it to the supposed beauty of the words that he wrote.
Anyone who manages to guess all three correctly will get a prize. I would offer a story, but I am so behind on gift/prize stories already. *sigh* Still, I'll probably offer a story, it'll just take months for me to get around to doing it.
And then, of course, there are tags:
greenknight33, I am still waiting for an answer from Klaus.... *nudgenudgenudge*
arandil13, if you can come out and play, maybe Feanor is talking to you?
isil_elensar, I'd love to hear from your Amrod.... *winkwink*
noliel, you get a welcome-to-my-LJ tag: I'd love to hear from your favorite character! :)
atanwende, Haleth or Caranthir, your choice!
Per usual, you don't have to play if you don't want to. And if you'd like to play, consider yourself tagged!