I've Been Tagged!!!
Name ten of life's simple pleasures that you like most, then pick ten people to do the same.
- Renting a DVD, curling up on the couch under my red blanket with my husband, and spending two hours in another world without worries. (Then picking apart that world afterward, as is my bad habit, hehe.)
- Sitting down to write...and it works. It's such a feeling of accomplishment, to have a thought or mood in my head and to put it on paper with some degree of accuracy to the point that--re-reading what I've written at a later date--I can completely recreate the original feeling.
- Realizing that my characters have just written something utterly unexpected, totally surprising, and completely perfect into my stories. I love when my own stories surprise me.
- An empty skating floor and music that moves me to fly.
- A comment or an email from a new reader saying how much she loved a story of mine or how it changed her outlook on a character whom she hated before, for whom she now feels understanding.
- An evening out to dinner and a movie with my husband: the most classic of dates but enjoyable regardless.
- The first big drop on a rollercoaster.
- A book, movie, or story that changes how I think, opens more questions than it answers, or inspires me to where I can barely sit still for wanting to write!
- Road trips with Bobby, with a car full of stuff, a stack of CDs, a long stretch of highway, and each other.
- The first day in Ocean City: the smell of the sea and Thrasher's french fries and the wood of the Boardwalk; the cries of the seabirds and the roar of the surf; the blazing hot sand with the biplanes flying by overhead and a whole vacation still in front of me.
Once you've been tagged, you have to write a blog with 6 facts about yourself. In the end you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.
- I have double-jointed fingers. The top part of my thumb bends ninety degrees forward (as it should) and ninety degrees backward as well. Until middle school, I thought that this was normal.
- I've painted my toenails blue every summer since I was twelve. They're blue right now!
- Even though I'm an old lady now, I can still do a left side-split. When I stretch for a week or two, I can still do splits to the right and center too. Ai!
- I was sent twice by The Piece to national sundae-making competitions. But I didn't win (though Bobby and I won a Best Teamwork award the first time I went. Go figure!)
- I used to play guitar but had to give it up because I didn't have enough room for writing, painting, and music. I still believe that this was the right decision.
- I can't write with music playing and if the TV (or Bobby's Xbox) is too loud, it affects me too. It creates a sort of interference with the words in my head, where the lyrics to the music or words on the telly interject themselves into my thoughts. I suppose that I could write to music without lyrics, but I'd be worried that if the mood of the story and the music didn't match, that would also cause interference. So I prefer to write in complete silence.
Since Tammy only tagged six people for the last one, then I'm going to take her lead to minimize the bothering of my flist. (Although it's been a while since I've tagged for anything, so y'all should feel lucky. :^P) As usual, tagged people aren't obligated to play. And if you want to play and I haven't tagged you, then feel free to do it anyway! (Just pretend I tagged you.)
greenknight33 (of course)