Whew. A Pimp, a Meme, a Whole Buncha Other Random Crap....
Before the rambling gets underway, I would like to pimp my sister. Again. I pimped her last week with regards to a piece she'd written on "gay adoption." Over the course of the week, I've had the urge to pimp nearly every one of her subsequent posts. But rather than do that, I am just pimping my sister. She is (obviously) very interested in GLBT issues and posts articles and commentary on a pretty regular basis. (She's also a good poet, but I'm crap at poetry so I can't say much more than that!) Since I know that a lot of people on my flist are interested in these issues, I am encouraging you to friend my sister and read her stuff. I asked her, and she says that does not mind and has wanted to friend some of you whose comments she's read in my LJ or to whom she has "spoken" but isn't into Elves and so didn't want to infringe on our happy fandom bubble...but I told her, "Infringe away!" We can talk about more than just Celegorm's hair color and care more about whether Maedhros or Feanor is hotter! (For the record, it's Maedhros. While Celegorm's hair color is debatable, there's no argument there. *hides from Alina and Arandil*)
Her LJ name is ssotknapsack. The most recent entry of hers that I read was an article on "gay adoption" as it relates to Catholic charities in the US and the foolishness of preferring that children remain unadopted and "in the system" than going into a home with loving parents who want them. Being straight and able to skip about in my happy la-la land with my husband where our love is sanctioned and we could have or adopt children if we wanted to, these things often slip under the radar for me, but I find myself grinding my teeth to stumps reading about how ignorant, bigoted, and cruel people can be. But that is a rant I've made many times before and will save now for another time.
I've seen this meme floating around. On my flist, mirien had it first, but I've seen it elsewhere since then. It seems rather interesting, perhaps cathartic, and a little dangerous. So here goes.
List 10 things you want to say to people but know you never will. Don't say who they are.
For the record, no one being badmouthed in this meme is on my flist. Which lessens the danger but also the chance of feelings being accidentally hurt. Because I love y'all and you wouldn't be on my flist if I thought you were a pain in the ass. Also, I can't guarantee that I won't say some of these things. The nice things, of course, I'd say. The mean things...well, I have been known to exhibit a rather Feanorian temper....
- I love you. I never thought I'd be so weak or wishy-washy as to ever say the words "You are my reason for living," but you are. I would not want to live without you.
- I am hard to annoy, but you are annoying. If I wasn't set on being nice to people online, I might tell you off. You don't always have to be right. You don't always have to be in charge. Learn some fucking manners and some tact.
- You should be canonized as a saint. You are underappreciated and too often disrespected, but you are one of the kindest and most admirable people I know. But stop taking shit off of people. You don't need to put up with that and your happiness is not a fair price for theirs.
- You are a racist idiot, a pathological liar, and we all laugh at you behind your back at work.
- You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.
- I wish I had thanked you and told you that I loved you before you died. I wish that I could tell you that I am sorry for making your last days with me full of my teenaged self-centered foolishness.
- I am still just stunned at your immaturity. And you call yourself a grown woman? And you have a child? *pities the poor beast and the man you made it with* I don't know where you ever got the delusion that you were important enough to anyone that we thought you worth snubbing. Get real and some antipsychotics for your delusions of grandeur.
- And you: You need to stop letting yourself be pushed around by the other person mentioned on this list. She is not a friend. Realize that and you will be much more happy.
- You need to get away from him. I care for you, but he is destroying you. I cringe whenever I hear what he has done to you. Please know that you deserve much better; a woman who is a great friend and an even better mom is above trash like him.
- I am not sure what you want from me. I love you, but I find myself afraid sometimes to accept what you want to offer me because I've been slapped (figuratively) and hurt by you twice now in three months. I wonder: What strings come attached this time?
Whee. That was kind of fun in a completely evol way. >:^]
Bobby and I kicked off the hiking season on Saturday by taking our first woodland wander. I can't really call it a "hike" because we were just kind of wandering aimlessly in the woods, testing Dawn's orienteering skills. We looked at a map prior to stepping on the trail and just kind of chose forks in the road from there. So we didn't really know where we were, but I hesitate to call us "lost" because we weren't exactly trying to get anywhere specific. Just wandering.
It was great, though! There is s haze of green in the river valleys so spring is near! We walked for two hours, so I figure we did at least three miles, probably closer to four. Between that and skating the next day, my poor legs got a workout!
Most of my time at home was spent working on the SWG site. The layout is done so now I need to add the content. So that's what I was doing, and I got a good deal done. I set myself some goals:
End of March: Have the basic site finished. (This does not count archive and forum.) Post in a free hosting place to get feedback.
End of April: Finish PHP lessonbook.
End of May: Have archive running.
That seems reasonable.
This week's goals include:
- Catch up on RPG. Post stuff about Asymara. Finish drawing maps.
- Do another chapter of Cheryl's story. Get a decent start on Alina's story.
- Do not pull muscle in leg again. Do not forget skating solo.
- Finish content on SWG site.
- Write a birthday story for allie_meril. (It might be a couple days late, hon!)
- Do not forget daily drabble.
- Get out of the current PoV chapter for Midhavens story and into the next.
- Start Easter candy. *shakes fist at Easter, which is the stupidest frikkin' holiday*
That seems a reasonable schedule.
Actually, my offline schedule is rather light this week. Bobby surprised me with tickets to Stars on Ice up in Hershey for Thursday, so I have a half-day at work on Thursday and took off on Friday. Speaking of skating, yay to Kimmie Meissner, who won the women's world championship in figure skating! She's only sixteen and practically a neighbor to my parents and so a sort of local hero. Yay, Kimmie!
If I'd stop writing this entry, I could go do some beta-work....