Recipe: Goat's Cheese Cream Sauce Pizza
I am the pizza cook in the family, and Bobby says he thinks this is his favorite of my pizza recipes so far.
Recipe makes 2 10-inch individual pizzas
2 10-inch pizza crusts, pre-baked (however you prefer to prepare them)
4 Tbsp. oil from sun-dried tomatoes (plain olive oil will work if you don't have this)
2 cloves garlic, diced
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
1 cup goat's cheese, cut into cubes
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium candy onion, sliced julienne
5 white button mushrooms, sliced
Splash of white wine (optional)
2 tsp. each fresh rosemary, oregano, and marjoram
3 large sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
- Scoop out 4 Tbsps. of oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes and toss with the diced garlic in a small saucepan. Saute over medium heat until the oil is bubbling.
- Add the flour and whisk until it forms a smooth, thick paste. Cook for about two minutes more.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and mix until smooth. Continue to cook until the mixture begins to boil. Add the cheese, and continue cook and stirring until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Saute the candy onion and olive oil in a small frypan, covered, over medium-high heat. Stir the onions occasionally so that the brown evenly.
- When the onions begin to caramelize, toss in the mushrooms and mix together. Continue to heat for another few minutes until the mushrooms are hot. Deglaze with a splash of white wine, stir together, and cook for another minute.
- Spread a layer of sauce on the pre-baked pizza crusts.
- Sprinkle with the fresh herbs and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Top with onion and mushroom mixture.
- Bake on 400 for another five minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and garnish with green onions.
This post was originally posted on Dreamwidth and, using my Felagundish Elf magic, crossposted to LiveJournal. You can comment here or there!